Thank you so much for your interest!
Directed Revelations is a four hour workshop for anyone and everyone interested in digging into a theater script for fun, acting, or enlightenment. Join us in an engaging workshop for directors, actors, teachers, or writers of spoken word performance. DIRECTED REVELATIONS is for anyone interested in learning how directors approach scripts and make interpretive decisions that audiences see onstage.
Sunday, September 11
Call 997-7529 or Email Missi to register now!
Learn what it takes to direct a reading or fully-produced play. Enhance your teaching with valuable information on how directors approach text. Learn what a director might be considering for you, the actor...Instruction will include how to:
- Identify actions & objectives
- Understand and create strong transitions
- Dig beyond the surface and go deeper into your own imagination
- Block scenes & learn how blocking creates meaning in a scene
- Communicate with actors to achieve results & help them go deeper into their characters
- Break down a script for rehearsals & create a rehearsal calendar that takes into account the technical needs of a show
All of these skills, and more, will be addressed in DIRECTED REVELATIONS. Come enjoy the discussion, exercises, and put your own ideas into the mix. Participants will read material that will be sent to you upon registration. No experience necessary. Class size is limited due to the nature of the work. Register now!