- Providing cleaning and maintenance services for all interior and exterior areas of the building including cleaning floors, dusting high ceilings, cutting grass, and shoveling snow. Facilities person is responsible for checking building use calendar and having facility clean and ready when needed for public use.
- Maintaining clean windows on the front of the building.
- Removing trash & recycling from public and backstage areas. Making arrangements to get trash to dump and recycling to Recycle Center.
- Washing wine glasses & light dish washing from concessions. Maintaining enough clean glasses for each event. During a production, this will require checking after each show in order to be ready for the next show.
- Maintaining and organizing cleaning equipment and tools in good working order.
- Maintaining cleaning and paper supplies to equip the facility as a public / performance space, including paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap (excluding public restroom).
- Cleaning of office area, including floors, trash, and recycling.
- Evaluating fixtures in building and providing maintenance as needed including:
replacing all light bulbs (other than stage lighting)
touch-up painting as needed on walls
Must be a responsible self-starter and take initiative to keep the building in good repair and equipped as a public/performance space.
Approximately 20 hours per month. Starting at $12 per hour, DOE.
The Merc Playhouse connects curious seekers through live theater. The Merc’s staff enjoys the creative process involved with making magic onstage in a lively and energetic theater space. We make connections and interact with The Methow Valley community while engaging in performing arts. We have fun and work hard to create quality live theater and we are looking for a new member to our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Email Missi with questions or call 509.997.7529. Download an application here: