We look forward to meeting you!
Now hiring a Technical Director
The Technical Director works an average of 20 hours per month with a seasonal calendar based on the production schedule that is determined each Fall. Some months have heavy hour needs, and some months are sparse. The schedule is flexible to staffing needs with advance notice. Must be able to work evenings and weekends. Income based on experience.
The TD is responsible for supervision regarding the technical requirements for Merc Productions/Rentals and the maintenance of the technical equipment in the theater. The TD reports to the Executive Director and works in close association with the Artistic Director and any guest directors working at The Merc.
A successful candidate is willing to be a team player with the Merc staff, crew, and volunteers. The Technical Director will display an interest in all aspects of live production and our physical theater home.
Training will provided for all aspects of the job.
A good candidate will be:
- Interested and excited about working in a live performance venue
- Handy with electrical and sound equipment
- Able to independently organize and maintain lighting and sound equipment and supplies
- Able to organize and maintain paint, technical supplies, set building supplies, and other stored items
- Confident in his or her ability to learn software for theatrical lighting equipment
- Comfortable on and moving tall ladders
- Physically capable with some medium and heavy lifting
- Able to communicate through email regularly
- Able to attend some meetings regarding scheduling and upcoming theater needs
- Able to maintain an organized schedule, especially during technical rehearsal periods
Application deadline extended - position open until filled.